A sign installation contractor fabricates and installs all types of non-electricalsigns, including but not limited to: post or pole supported signs, signs attached tostructures, painted wall signs and modifications to existing signs.
Content of the Examination
The Law and Business Examination is divided into ten major sections. These sections are:
1. Company start-up procedures (10%)
2. Human resources (6%)
3. General business requirements (20%)
4. Insurance and bonds (7%)
General business insurance
Workers’ Compensation insurance
5. Pre-contract considerations (12%)
6. Proposals and contracts (9%)
7. Contract compliance (9%)
8. Public works (4%)
9. Safety (9%)
10. Legal (14%)
*Percentages are approximate*
The following questions are typical of the kind of items that are on the examination. The correct answer is highlighted.
1. As part of the safety training process contractors’ supervisors are required to conduct “tool box” or “tailgate” safety meetings. How often must these meetings be held?
At least once every ten working days
At least once a month
At least once a quarter
2. Which of the following items is a job-related direct cost?
Trade Association membership dues
Contractor’s license renewal fee
3. What legal remedy can be pursued for nonpayment of funds owed to a contractor from a private job?
Notify the city building official.
File preliminary lien notice.
Perfect the claim of the lien.
File a Stop Notice.
*All questions are written and reviewed by licensed contractors who are actively working in the field*