A concrete related services contractor installs reusable steel concrete form sections or interlocking precast pavers. Performs post-tensioning work, concrete sawing, breaking, curing, floor hardening treatment, coloring concrete, concrete restoration, coring work or operates a concrete pumping service; also includes the application of gunite, but does not include the installation of reinforcing steel.
Content of the Examination
The Law and Business Examination is divided into ten major sections. These sections are:
1. Company start-up procedures (10%)
2. Human resources (6%)
3. General business requirements (20%)
4. Insurance and bonds (7%)
General business insurance
Workers’ Compensation insurance
5. Pre-contract considerations (12%)
6. Proposals and contracts (9%)
7. Contract compliance (9%)
8. Public works (4%)
9. Safety (9%)
10. Legal (14%)
*Percentages are approximate*
The following questions are typical of the kind of items that are on the examination. The correct answer is highlighted.
1. As part of the safety training process contractors’ supervisors are required to conduct “tool box” or “tailgate” safety meetings. How often must these meetings be held?
At least once every ten working days
At least once a month
At least once a quarter
2. Which of the following items is a job-related direct cost?
Trade Association membership dues
Contractor’s license renewal fee
3. What legal remedy can be pursued for nonpayment of funds owed to a contractor from a private job?
Notify the city building official.
File preliminary lien notice.
Perfect the claim of the lien.
File a Stop Notice.
*All questions are written and reviewed by licensed contractors who are actively working in the field*