A water conditioning contractor installs water conditioning equipment with the use of only such pipe and fittings as are necessary to connect the water conditioning equipment to the water supply system and to by-pass all those parts of the water supply system within the premises from which conditioned water is to be excluded.
Authority cited: Sections 7008 and 7059, Reference: Sections 7058 and 7059 (Business and Professions Code)
Content of the Examination
The Water Conditioning (C-55) examination is divided into four major sections. These sections are:
1. Job Planning/Estimating (21%)
2. Installation (46%)
Pumps and monitoring equipment
Equipment check, calibration, and sanitizing
Training and documentation
3. Service and Maintenance (20%)
Water softening problems and servicing
4. Safety (13%)
Tool safety and protective wear
*Percentages are approximate*
The following questions are typical of the types of items that are on the examination. The correct answer is highlighted.
1. Which of the following components should a contractor use to attach the drain line from a reverse osmosis unit to the drain system?
2. When installing hard copper piping underground, what types of piping should a contractor use?
L and M
K and M
K and L
M and DWV
3. What is the function of a cation exchange unit?
Remove calcium and magnesium
Oxidize iron from the water
Reduce dissolved solids
*All questions are written and reviewed by licensed contractors who are actively working in the field*